Water Box Do’s and Don’ts

Do change the water in the water box after every pour. This allows you to look for gray slurry passing pistons, evidence of worn piston heads. It also allows you to monitor for leaking drive cylinder packing’s.

Do mount the water box cover with the mount bolts for solid stability. Especially after service maintenance.

IMG_2006_1

Do inspect Dog-Bone bolts for tightness. They must be secured with stainless steel tie wire, never with normal steel bailing wire.

IMG_2032_1

Do change the water box after long pours to help cool the hydraulic system. Water box water is used for 30% of the cooling system for hydraulic oil. Oil coolers take up the remaining 70%.

Don’t ever have hands or tools inside the water box while the motor is running. This reduces the risk of serious injury.

Don’t leave water box cover loose after maintenance or during use.

Don’t add soap to the water box water. This will wash the oil film off of the drive cylinder rods and will wear out the drive cylinder chevron seals faster.

Don’t leave water in the water box overnight or over long periods of time if there is danger of freezing.

Leave a Comment

Your email is never published nor shared.

(required)
(required)